Chinese Government Scholarship for the year 2021-2022
HEC invites applications from Pakistani/AJ&K nationals for Master's & PhD programs offered by Xi'an Jiaotong University under different scholarship categories in academic year 2021-22. The successful candidates will avail exemption from tuition fees, on campus dormitory accommodation, monthly living allowance and medical insurance under CSC-Chinese University Program. Other categories of scholarship includes XJTU Siyuan International Student Scholarship and XJTU-Xi'an City Government "Belt and Road" International Student Scholarship. The Nominees of HEC will be considered under all categories by university award committee and will avail exemption from application processing fees 800 RMBs However travel expense/return airfare will be borne by awardees themselves. HEC is only nominating agency for these awards and has no financial/legal responsibility whatsoever.
- Applicants must be Pakistani/AJ&K national. Dual nationality holders are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in good health.
- Applicants for Master's degree must have a Bachelor's degree (16years) and be under 35 years of age.
- Applicants for Doctoral degree must have a Master's degree (18 years) and be under 40 years of age.
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any other types of scholarship currently.
- Applicants for Ph.D. program must have some research achievements.
Candidates can only apply in following (English taught) disciplines/programs of the Xi'an Jiaotong University, China for consideration as HEC Nominee under Master's & PhD enrollment in Sep 2021;
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Energy & Power Engineering,
- Electronics & Information Engineering
- Material Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Management Studies
- Aerospace engineering
HOW TO APPLY
All the information provided in online application and attached documents must be complete, true, and correct.
- Apply online at: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/ . Deposit Rs. 500/- through bank deposit slip in HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 at Habib Bank Limited, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad and upload the same slip on the HEC portal for successful submission of HEC online application form. The fee can be deposited in HEC online account from any HBL branch in Pakistan.
- After successful submission of the application at HEC portal, retain its printed copy signed by yourself.
- Submit online application at CSC website at http://www.campuschina.org/ through program Type: B and Agency No. : 10698. Download the completed application form from Chinese Scholarship Council portal, print & retain a signed copy with yourself.
- Submit online application at Xi'an Jiaotong University's International student application system (click here) or at http://isso.xjtu.edu.cn/recruit/login
- For details of the scholarship and documents required at XJTU please visit http://sie.xjtu.edu.cn/en/SCHOLARSHIPS1/Scholarships_Programs_for_Postgraduate_Studies.htm
- Submission of online applications at CSC, XJTU & HEC portal are mandatory. In case of missing any of the three above mentioned forms, the application will not be considered.
Perspective applicants are not required to submit any document (hard copies) to HEC at this stage of application process. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit following documents. To avoid any inconvenience later on, perspective applicants are directed to prepare application dossier as per following detail;
- In case of shortlisted candidates, copies of all educational documents and attested copies of CNIC, B-form, Domicile, IBCC equivalency certificate and HEC equivalency in case of foreign degree qualification may also submitted to HEC.
- A study plan or research proposal (800 words for Masters & 1500 words for PhD), copies of any research publication & achievements, language proficiency certificate or IELTS/TOEFL score, copy of valid ordinary passport (first two pages).
- Photocopy of the Physical Examination Record (attached) for foreigners should be completed in English. (The original copy should be kept by the applicant.) The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Physical Examination Record including basic blood test reports for foreigners as per China' Govt. policy.
- The forms with incomplete records or without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- Non-criminal Record (Police Clearance Certificate).
- Two original recommendation/reference letters written by professors or associate professors of previous institution. If applicants have already got provisional acceptance from professors at XJTU, please provide Xi'an Jiaotong University recommendation/reference letter from Potential Supervisor as one of the two recommendation/reference letters (attached here).
- Make sure your email, telephone number, postal address correctly be filled in the application system as they are key to get you contacted during the admission process. Failure to respond to HEC or Xi'an Jiaotong University in time as required may lead to automatic rejection.
- No manual or incomplete applications on e-portal will be entertained. All applicants must apply online on HEC portal, CSC portal and Xi'an Jiaotong University's portal.
- HEC will shortlist eligible applicants on the basis of academic merit.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the rights to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose penalty, as decided by HEC.
- Only apply online before the Deadline 30th January, 2021, DO NOT send hardcopies of application forms or any other documents to HEC at this stage of application process.
Master's / PhD
Assistant Director HRD/ In-charge Learning Opportunities Abroad (LOA) HRD Division, Higher Education Commission, H-8/1, Islamabad
Pakistani / AJK