Career Opportunities: Business Support Assistant (Procurement) SC4, Islamabad
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is based in Country Office Karachi, and the job holder reports to Procurement Officer or the delegate. At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holder is expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. Job holder may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in area of work.
Industry: N.G.O./Social Services
Job Type: Full Time/Permanent ( First Shift (Day)
Job Location: Islamabad
Gender: No Preference
Minimum Education: Intermediate/A-Level
Degree Title: Completion of higher secondary school education, preferably supported by a university degree in business or related field.
Career Level: SC-4
Minimum Experience: 4 Years(Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.)
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, the Business Support Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of higher secondary school education, preferably supported by a university degree in business or related field.
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range ofindividuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Urdu language.
Terms, Conditions & How to Apply:
- This vacancy announcement is for nationals of Pakistan only.
- Deadline for applications is 21 December 2020.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encourged to apply.
Interested Candidate can apply on the link below: