Finance Assistant G5 (Internal to UN only), Quetta, United Nations
Job opportunity is offered by the World Food Program Quetta, Pakistan. The department works for the better maintenance of food and nutrition, economic opportunities and social inclusions and education for the country. The department is offering the job of Finance Assistant G5 (Internal to UN only) is vacant also in the list. These jobs are based on full time / permanent, total 1 position are vacant for Finance Assistant G5 post and the job in Quetta. The qualification which is required for this must be advanced degree from a university in health and nutrition, medical and health sciences and all other qualifications are separate and different from each other. Additional categories of jobs of operation and programs are also enlisted.
All the candidates who belong to Islamabad is encouraged to apply for the following mentioned positions to hold the responsibilities in a meticulous manner if they meet the needs and qualification criteria of these job designation’s must go ahead and apply.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Jobs in World Food Program Quetta
Industry: N.G.O./Social Services
Category: Accounts, Finance & Financial Services
Job Type: Full Time/Permanent (First Shift (Day)
Job Location: Quetta
Gender: No Preference
Minimum Education: Intermediate/A-Level
Degree Title: Completion of higher secondary school education, preferably supported by a university degree in finance, accounts or related field.
Career Level: GS-5
Minimum Experience: 5 Years (Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in finance, with experience in general administrative work.)
Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
- Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to support the effective work of other staff.
- Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
- Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources
- Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff.
- Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
- Proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate.
- Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes.
- Collect and perform basic analysis of data to contribute to quality business information management.
- Provide guidance to junior colleagues in performing their duties.
Other Post Requirements
- Assist and support the supervisor on financial matters to support informed financial decision making;
- Ensures compliance with WFP financial policies, procedures, rules and regulations including integrity and consistency of data in WFP financial and accounting systems;
- Ensure transparent and efficient utilization of WFP’s financial resources;
- Act as Petty cash cashier;
- Ensure that bank reconciliations for WFP accounts are regularly performed and reviewed by designated officials;
- Ensure that the disbursements are made based on proper authorizations and supported by legitimate and sufficient documentation;
- Ensure proper maintenance of vendor accounts and timely clearance of outstanding advances and other receivables;
- Perform financial closure for entrusted imprest accounts;
- Supervise junior support staff engaged in the different administrative services including finance, travel and/or other related areas;
- Perform routine activities and checks related to management of Assets, Inventory, Vehicles, Travel, Reception/Registry, Vendors, Agreements/Contracts, Events and Building & Premises;
- Supervise finance and administrative staff;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Internal Controls & Compliance: Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to WFP's critical activities.
- Performance Budgeting, Analysis & Reporting: Demonstrates participation in business planning efforts by developing basic project-level budgets and forecasts, incorporating information from various sources as appropriate to monitor KPIs.
- Resource Management: Demonstrates ability to track and compile reports on HQ and Field staffing and resource usage on a project-level basis.
- Financial Mgmt. & Accounting Principles: Applies knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices to ensure compliance with WFP policies, applicable procedures and accounting standards.
- Supply Chain and Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates basic understanding of WFP programme, implementation, and supply chain principles (including project modalities & structures).
Standard Minimum Qualifications
Education: Completion of higher secondary school education, preferably supported by a university degree in finance, accounts or related field.
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in finance, with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Urdu language.