Finance Assistant G5 (Internal to UN only), Islamabad, United Nations
Job opportunity is offered by the World Food Program Islamabad, Pakistan. The department works for the better maintenance of food and nutrition, economic opportunities and social inclusions and education for the country. The department is offering the job of Finance Assistant G5 (Internal to UN only) is vacant also in the list. These jobs are based on full time / permanent, total 1 position are vacant for Finance Assistant G5 post and the job in Islamabad. The qualification which is required for this must be advanced degree from a university in health and nutrition, medical and health sciences and all other qualifications are separate and different from each other. Additional categories of jobs of operation and programs are also enlisted.
All the candidates who belong to Islamabad is encouraged to apply for the following mentioned positions to hold the responsibilities in a meticulous manner if they meet the needs and qualification criteria of these job designation’s must go ahead and apply.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Jobs in World Food Program Islamabad
Industry: N.G.O./Social Services
Category: Accounts, Finance & Financial Services
Job Type: Full Time/Permanent (First Shift (Day)
Job Location: Islamabad
Gender: No Preference
Minimum Education: Intermediate/A-Level
Degree Title: Completion of higher secondary school education, preferably supported by a university degree in finance, accounts or related field.
Career Level: GS-5
Minimum Experience: 5 Years (Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in finance, with experience in general administrative work.)
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Assist in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Monitor monthly expenditure forecasts and provide expenditure reports in order to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Monitor the sub-imprest bank and petty cash accounts regularly, to ensure that adequate funds are available and appropriately disbursed.
- Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations.
- Assist in compiling information from various sources in order to prepare reports relating to budgets, accounting, finance and statistics.
- Retrieve, format and validate information obtained from various financial information systems and bring any discrepancy or inaccuracy to the attention of the supervisor and follow up corrective actions.
- Maintain the web-based register for all invoices and payment transfers and record paperwork, to ensure that all documents are maintained and filed in compliance with WFP standards and guidelines.
- Monitor and record all expenses in line with the approved budget in order to ensure that correct expenditure costs are charged and payments to external suppliers, cash grants and other supplier invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other support staff, to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Internal Controls & Compliance: Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to WFP's critical activities.
- Performance Budgeting, Analysis & Reporting: Demonstrates participation in business planning efforts by developing basic project-level budgets and forecasts, incorporating information from various sources as appropriate to monitor KPIs.
- Resource Management: Demonstrates ability to track and compile reports on HQ and Field staffing and resource usage on a project-level basis.
- Financial Mgmt. & Accounting Principles: Applies knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices to ensure compliance with WFP policies, applicable procedures and accounting standards.
- Supply Chain and Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates basic understanding of WFP programme, implementation, and supply chain principles (including project modalities & structures).
Standard Minimum Qualifications
Education: Completion of higher secondary school education, preferably supported by a university degree in finance, accounts or related field.
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in finance, with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Urdu language.
Interested Candidate can apply on the link below:
5 years Relevant experience required
50000 - 100000 PKR