Career Opportunities Security Operations Support Officers
3 years experience in Relevant field required
80000 - 120000 PKR
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is based in Area Office Peshawar and job holder typically works under general supervision of Head of Area Office and directly report to the Security Officer. Job holders operates with a high degree of independence and is involved in a variety of security activities and analytical work, some of which may be of a considerable complexity. At this level, job holder is expected to supervise national security staff to ensure that security objectives are achieved in full and contributes to their performance improvement.
Industry: N.G.O./Social Services
Job Type: Full Time/Permanent ( First Shift (Day) )
Job Location: Peshawar
Gender: No Preference
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Degree Title: Advanced University degree in Security Management, International Relations or Law Enforcement or other relevant field, or First University degree with more than eighteen years of related work experience in military/police.
Career Level: NOB
Minimum Experience: 3 Years(Three years or more of progressively responsible post-graduate professional experience in security management (relevant military, policy or corporate) and/or security risk management, with a background and interest in humanitarian development.)
To support the management of WFP’s security day-to-day operations to facilitate the effective delivery of programmes that meet food assistance needs and maintain the security and safety of WFP personnel, activities and facilities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Participate in the security and safety contingency and continuity planning for the office supporting the standardization of plans for WFP facilities in-country and ensuring that all security plans are implemented and emergency systems are regularly tested.
- Develop annual plans, contribute to longer term strategies and improvements to security systems and procedures to ensure services provided support WFP strategic objectives and are in compliance with corporate policies, standards, regulations and processes.
- Responsible for liaison with United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) and the in-country security management apparatus including participating in security operations management meetings and contributing to technical discussions, exchange of knowledge and experience, to ensure WFP management and staff are fully briefed on security matters in RB/CO.
- In conjunction with WFP Field Security Division, provide recommendations and operational support to the Country, Area and Field Offices for achievement of Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) and Minimum Operational Residential Security Standards (MORSS) compliance.
- Responsible for all facilities access control measures and procedures to ensure safety and security of WFP staff and visitors in line with UNSMS best practices.
- Contribute to the management of security budget including procurement planning to support efficient and cost effective resources management.
- Responsible for management of security equipment to ensure it is issued correctly, is in serviceable condition and is in compliance with the established security standards.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders including Human Resources Unit regarding a range of security staffing matters (e.g. recruitment, contract management, capacity building), to ensure compliance with the established WFP policies and procedures.
- Collect information about local security developments, issues and provide technical analysis on the potential impact upon WFP operations to support security and operational activities.
- Prepare comprehensive, accurate and timely security-related reports including recommendations to support informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the senior managers and other stakeholders.
- Provide security orientation briefing to newly arrived staff to ensure staff are well-informed of local security conditions and procedures.
- Facilitate training sessions as required to build the security capabilities of WFP and external partners.
- Manage junior security staff, providing coaching and guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and support high performance.
- Support the supervisor during emergencies to meet changing needs.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Perform security assessments, both routine and those required to ensure that it is safe for WFP staff to enter/return to a location/duty station;
- Organize convoy security procedures and medical evacuations;
- Ensure WFP communications are integrated into the appropriate UN security communication system and all staff are trained in security and emergency procedures, in collaboration with Information & Telecommunications Officer;
- Organize and manage WFP guards force;
- Prepare security situation analysis and reports and share periodically with the direct supervisor and Head of security in CO;
- In line with UN Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) methodology, develop, as required, operations risk assessments outlining potential risks and recommend mitigation strategies of WFP’s Field operations;
- Report security incidents timely and as required;
- Participate actively in and provide inputs to operational processes and planning.
- Assist the Field Area/Sub-Office in assessing and implementing SRM measures
- Prepare, maintain and update contingency plans in accordance with the United Nations Field Security Handbook/Security Policy Manual that governs International staff and the WFP risk management system for Area or Responsibility and ensure regularly monitored, updated and reported;
- Ensure that all new staff and visitors receive relevant briefings and training upon arrival,
- Manage the Warden system;
- Ensure that WFP Field Area/Sub-Office procedures conform to the UNSMS and WFP policy and standards;
- Oversee access control mechanism (visitors/vehicle screening) in WFP premises;
- Ensure due fire safety arrangements (fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, etc.) in WFP premises; prepare fire/building evacuation plans and conduct periodical drills;
- Ensure that communications equipment is functioning and in good condition including radio communications;
- Participate as a member of the area security cell; attend the Area Security Management Team (ASMT) meetings in the absence of the FSO in support of the Field Area/Sub-Office as required;
- Establish and maintain contacts with UN and other agencies, as appropriate, to ensure updated information and best practice in operations risk management;
- Maintain good relationship with the local authorities in order to facilitate WFP operations in the areas where WFP operates.
- Perform other related duties as required by supervisor.
- Act as problem solver and enabler to support WFP operations under all circumstances.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and delegate when required.
- Professional approach towards work related situations and ability to maintain productive relationship with all colleagues and partners at all levels.
Capability Name: Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Strategic approach to security risk management: Demonstrates understanding of strategic approaches to security to identify potential threats. Contributes to the creation and implementation of WFPs mitigation measures.
Operational knowledge of security risk management: Exhibits good understanding of day to day security operations. Works within own remit to proactively contribute to solutions to single or multiple elements of organisational security challenges.
Security resource management: Monitors trends in staffing and financial resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders.
Analysis and solution development: Utilises good understanding of UN intergovernmental body partner agencies to interpret information and reports and provides tactical recommendations for the mitigation of threats and vulnerabilities to WFP’s operations.
Planning compliance and emergency management: Demonstrates ability to plan and prioritise staff safety and security while ensuring strict compliance with established policies and procedures. Provides suggestions into how these practices may be improved.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced University degree in Security Management, International Relations or Law Enforcement or other relevant field, or First University degree with more than eighteen years of related work experience in military/police. A diploma obtained from Military/Police Academy with qualifying relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the First University degree.
Three years or more of progressively responsible post-graduate professional experience in security management (relevant military, policy or corporate) and/or security risk management, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development. Experience in managing support staff.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good theoretical understanding of security management concepts and principals with a knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to assimilate and analyse a range of data and issues to support the development of efficient solutions.
- Good communication skills and ability to adapt communication style to different situations and individuals.
- Ability to supervise, coach and motivate national security staff.
- Ability to deliver effective briefing and training, assessing participant needs.
- Knowledge of common business principals and processes and the ability to quickly assimilate UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
Fluency (level C) in English language.
Terms, Conditions & How to Apply:
- This vacancy announcement is for nationals of Pakistan only.
- Deadline for applications is 27 December 2020.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encourged to apply.
Interested Candidate can apply on the link below: